International Student Think Tank
Bridging the gap between international students and the local business community
The International Student Think Tank is a seven-month pilot program with training and experiential learning based components, open to post-secondary students/graduates from across the province. Both components will work to build an opportunity for international students to learn, engage, and be inspired while helping build our local business community.
As the project lead, the SMUEC and partner organization V-Care International Student Success Society have complementary skillsets and networks, creating a unique foundation to build programs supporting international students and the local economy.
- All the students who registered will receive 1 week of in class training/workshops (entrepreneurial mindset, consulting skills, professional development, etc.), and add-on training sessions on improving your job searching skills during summer time.
- Student consulting “Think Tank” to run for 12 weeks following training
- Students within the cohort will apply/compete to work on the consulting projects for 5 local businesses (including both mature and start-up), solving the businesses’ issues with new perspectives and skills and providing insight and access to new markets
- Cohort students will receive ongoing coaching and additional training throughout consulting projects
- 10 weeks of follow-up and mentoring post program
- Participants will receive honorarium