The Saint Mary’s University Entrepreneurship Centre is a leading provider of university-based business support services in Atlantic Canada. Over the past 25 years, the SMUEC has worked to enhance our community’s prosperity by helping business and student leaders reach their entrepreneurial potential.
We are currently seeking eight energetic Saint Mary’s University students from all academic programs to join our 2019/2020 team of student entrepreneurship-ambassadors (aka “ENbassadors”). The ENbassador Program aims to promote an entrepreneurial mindset across campus by engaging students from all faculties in entrepreneurship activities throughout the year.
ENbassador responsibilities include:
- Recruiting students from your faculty to participate in on-campus entrepreneurship activities (events, conferences, competitions, etc.)
- Distributing marketing materials directly to students on campus and via social media
- Speaking in front of an audience of students
- Hosing, facilitating, and attending entrepreneurship events on campus
- Reporting monthly activities
- Attending monthly team meetings
The ENbassador Program is an experiential learning opportunity that will help you gain interpersonal skills, marketing, event planning, and public speaking experience, as well as grow a large network of students, staff, faculty and community members, all while establishing an entrepreneurial mindset.
Additional incentives include:
- $200 honorarium per semester
- Additional monthly prizes awarded to highest performing ENbassador
- Annual ENbassador Welcome Dinner with Saint Mary’s President, Deans, Faculty and staff
- Free entry to all on-campus entrepreneurship events
- Recognition from the Saint Mary’s Co-Curricular Record
- Work closely with SMUEC staff and Entrepreneur-in-Residence
Ideal candidates see entrepreneurship as a valuable skill that can be applied to both their academics and career. They are eager to engage with students and are comfortable speaking in public, sharing new ideas, and working collaboratively as a team.
The ENbassador Program is a CASE (Community and Student Engagement) funded initiative that uses a multidisciplinary approach to create an entrepreneurial mindset.
How to apply:
Email your application to [email protected]
Applications must include: resume, cover letter, additional document answering all five questions listed below.
Please answer the following questions:
- What qualities do you possess that would make you a good ENbassador?
- What does entrepreneurship mean to you?
- During your time at Saint Mary’s, what involvement have you had on campus?
- Do you believe that adopting an entrepreneurial mindset can be beneficial to students in any faculty, pursuing any career? Why?
- How can students from your faculty be engaged in entrepreneurial activities on campus?
Join the fun, apply today!
ENbassador Team 2018-2019
Left to right: Hassan Monzoor, Criminology & Political Science; Ryan Sanderson, Astrophysics; Gabriella Swanson, Entrepreneurship (BA); Mohammad Ashiq, Global Business Management; Sabrina Mathila Afroz, Computer Information Systems; Oyindamola Oshobu, Finance; Ferdeenul Islam, Finance & Accounting; Cherish Wilson, English; Salman Sadib, Biology. Missing from photo: Holly Foxall, MTEI; Zhenni Gi, MTEI; Ciaro Moxey, Management; Allyssa Fox, Accounting.
Being an ENbassador this year has helped me better understand the importance of entrepreneurship and how it positively impacts students from all faculties. I am thankful that Saint Mary’s and the Entrepreneurship Centre are putting such an emphasis on student entrepreneurship. It is inspiring and motivating.